Did I really just write that? Yes, I did. In addition to making the best Sticky Buns and Pancakes in Dallas, I’m now going to be blogging on a semi-regular basis.
For my first blog, I thought it was only fitting to share with you the first dish my Mom taught me how to make, “Mom’s Egg Salad”. When I learned how to make this, I was called “Tommy”. But please don’t call me that today. Now I prefer to be called, “Chef Tom”. 🙂
Mom always had a “secret ingredient” which made her recipes the best in the neighborhood. For her Egg Salad, that “secret ingredient” is pickle juice! Remember, everything is better with a little pickle juice.
Enjoy the recipe, but don’t forget it always tastes better when someone else makes it! 🙂
“Mom’s Egg Salad”
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch onion powder
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- pickle juice
- salt and pepper
- Place eggs in medium sauce pot and fill with cold water.
- Bring to boil and cook for 7 minutes exactly.
- Remove from heat and drain half the amount of water.
- Fill pot with ice cubes and let cool.
- When eggs are cold, peel shells and reserve cooked eggs.
- Grate peeled eggs in medium bowl and mix with mayonnaise, garlic and onion powder. Add Dijon and mix.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and add pickle juice to taste.
- Serve on your favorite bread!!